Sunday, February 24, 2013

KNICKS LOSE, NUGGETS WIN

Admittedly, those words of the post title may seem a bit provocative, but I am unabashedly shameless in typing them and in speaking them to other basketball fans.  I have previously written about my delight when Denver dealt Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks, particularly when the trade strengthened the Nuggets team-ball style of play vis a vis the Melo One on One Show.  I certainly enjoy watching the Nuggets win, but will admit to some curmudgeonly Schadenfreude when the Knicks lose.  My inkling was that Melo being the prime mover on the Knicks would ultimately lead to a train wreck, and that scenario continues to play out - Lin traded, Stoudemier relegated to second fiddle, MeBall creeping into the foreground, losses accumulating and just recently, picking up Kenyon Martin who is decidedly on the back side of the hill.




 
 
 
 
And I will take this guy any day of the year over Carmelo.
 
 

2 comments:

Bizzy Brain said...

I remember when Patrick Ewing played for the Knicks. In his later years he frequently sat out games due to injuries. The Knicks W-L record was actually better with Ewing on the bench, but the fans loved to see Patrick play so you know how that goes.

hoosierdaddy said...

Yes, Bizzy. I believe that Patrick was one of those players who should have bowed out a little bit earlier, but I am sure that ego and money are big factors in fading stars hanging on.